I'm currently a front-end developer and former web designer who is looking to get back into a design or UX led role but I'm open to anything which will generally make the web a better place. I would like to work on products or long term projects which will allow me to improve on my ideas.
My main expertise is in developing attractive, functional interfaces for websites which users will find a pleasure to use across a range of devices.
I'm looking to improve my design skills further and would like an opportunity to:
- Be involved with the full production process, from conception to delivery.
- Validate ideas with wireframes and prototypes.
- Help define clear and testable project goals.
- Re-ignite a passion for good design and typography.
- Generally make the web a better place.
- Be an advocate for users.
In my spare time I like to write and enjoy getting involved with the Manchester digital scene such as attending meetups, lectures and talks. This gives me a chance to meet new people and gain inspiration.
Get in touch! Email me at email@example.com.
Want more details?
I currently do front-end development and UI development of websites and web apps which involves:
- Creating semantic HTML, CSS.
- The occasional use of Bootstrap
- Use of preprocessors such as SASS & LESS
- Dealing with the quirks of web fonts
- Build and package tools such as Compass, Gulp, Composer and NPM
- Cross browser and device testing
- Mobile and responsive design techniques.
- Photoshop, Illustrator and Invision
- Performance testing
I've led front-end development and pushed for better standards and best practices across the studio:
- Researched and defined standards for frontend technologies
- Pushed for use of CSS methodologies particularly BEM and SMACSS
- Defined our browser support
- Provided research and guidance on which devices to test